Google I/O has come and gone, and we saw some new interesting features google is about to offer. Now at WWDC 2017, Apple announced the next major updates to iOS, tvOS, watchOS and macOS, along with a range of hardware including a new iPad Pro and a brand new Siri-enabled smart speaker dubbed HomePod. if you miss WWDC 2017 here is the recap.
1. iOS 11
WWDC 2017 was more about software then hardware, and one of the biggest announcement is new version of iOS. The iOS 11 got a lot new features added to it, which makes it look more refresh, cleaner and more colorful.
New Features Includes:
- Redesigned App Store
- Control Centre, Lock Screen and Notifications
- New Messages features
- Siri has a new, more natural male and female voice, as well as a new visual interface.
- The camera software also has lots of improvements, including improved image quality.
- You can now chose just the frame you want from a Live Photo to make your Key Photo, and there are also new ‘Effects’ available to use with Live Photos.
- available to the public by September 2017
- AirPlay 2 & Apple Music improvements
Related: No iPhone 8 This Year
2. 10.5-INCH IPAD PRO
Apple announced a brand new 10.5-inch iPad Pro to replace the 9.7in iPad Pro launched in 2016.
New Features Includes:
- A10X chip with six-core CPU and a twelve-core GPU
- 12-megapixel camera
- HDR support
- An incredible improved refresh rate – 120Hz, up from 60Hz.
- ProMotion which reduces the Apple Pencil’s latency to 20 milliseconds
From iOS 11 Features
- Better Multitasking
- Finally A new Files app
3. New Range of iMac
Apple has updated the iMac for 2017, bringing brighter ‘more true-to-life’ displays to the range – including a 4K display to the entry-level 21in model; added discrete graphics; Kaby Lake processors; and up to 64GB RAM. And, the big news is that the company has unveiled the new iMac Pro, coming in December this year.
Features of the new iMac
- feature new Retina displays that are 43% brighter, with 500nits. Except for the entry-level £1,049/$1,249 iMac
- 21.5inch Retina models will offer 4,096×2,304 resolution, while the 27in iMacs will offer 5,120×2,880 resolution.
- Feature new Intel Kaby Lake processors running at up to 4.2 GHz (or 4.5GH with Turbo Boost).
- up to 32GB RAM on 21.5in iMac and 64GB RAM on the 27in iMac.
- Fusion Drives are now standard on all 27-inch configurations and the top-end 21.5-inch iMac(up to 2TB).
- The 4K iMac will ship with discrete Radeon Pro 555 and 560 4GB VRAM.
- While the 27in iMac gets Radeon Pro 570, 575 and 580 with up to 8GB VRAM.
- The entry-level 21in iMacs gets Intel’s Iris Plus.
- a Thunderbolt 3 port (which doubles up as a USB Type-C port.
Features of the iMac Pro
- will feature a 5K display
- offers either an 8, 10 or 18-core Xeon Processor
- will ship with the soon-to-debut Radeon Pro Vega graphics card with offers up to 16GB on-package high-bandwidth memory.
- will offer 32GB as standard, but will be configurable to 64GB or 128GB ECC Memory
- The iMac Pro will offer a 1TB SSD as standard, but is configurable to up to 4TB SSD.
- it will gain 10Gb Ethernet for the first time, for up to 10 times faster networking, and four Thunderbolt 3.0 ports.
- The new iMac Pro will ship with Space Grey keyboard and trackpad.
Apple announces Homepod speakers to take on Google Home, Amazon Echo and others. so the Siri speaker will be waiting for turns out to be named HomePod. Seriously apple HomePod, that the best they can do? Which looks a little like an old Mac Pro.
- it’s all powered by the A8 chipset
- seven tweeters with precision acoustic horns for directional audio
- a 4in upward-facing subwoofer for bass-free distortion
- it features spatial awareness and can intelligently detect the space around it and improve the audio accordingly
- will cost around $349
5. macOS 10.13
Apple announce a new version of macOS which will be called High Sierra. that will brings new improvements to the Mac experience.
New features include:
- Safari now help block site trackers and auto playing videos.
- A new Apple File System that will change the way the Mac stores your data, as well as make copying files faster.
- Improvements that will enhance 4K video playback (and reduce the space taken up by those videos).
- The graphics capabilities will be improved, bringing VR to supported Macs.
6. watchOS 4
Apple watch also got an update to watchOS 4, bringing new features to existing Apple Watch models.
New features includes:
- New Siri watch face which provide information’s such as Siri reminders or more visual ones that feature Toy Story characters a la Mickey Mouse.
- also a handful of new exercises in the Workout app
- A redesigned menu that allows you to control your music playback without leaving the app.
So what your favorite feature in Apple WWDC 2017?