Apple held an event this September as usually at the new Steve jobs theater to Unveil it latest product, that may or may not have kinda of completely leaked. At the Event there was couple of small announcement before big ones, like the new Apple TV which support 4k and HDR and also the new Apple Watch 3. But the main big announcement is the new iPhone – or iPhones.
So Apple introduced three brand new iPhones, Three! They include the iPhone 8 and 8 Plus, and iPhone X (iPhone 10 – don’t exactly know what 9 will be?)
IPhone 8 and 8 are spec bump over last year iPhone 7 and 7 plus (more like a 7s and 7s plus) which have faster processors and better cameras — and now also support wireless charging. And then there’s the iPhone X, a $1,000 smartphone that Apple is basically trying to market as a gadget from the future. It’s the first iPhone ever to have an OLED screen, and even better, that stunning display basically runs edge to edge.
The iPhone 8 and 8 Plus
iPhone 8 and 8 Plus as we said early are just spec bump to last year iPhone 7 and 7 Plus which makes it more like a iPhone 7s and 7s Plus. So there nearly identical design but with a glass back to support wireless charging, new Apple A11 Bionic chip and also upgraded 12MP camera.
New Features of the iPhone 8 and 8 Plus
- iPhone 8 and 8 Plus now support wireless charging, So you’ll can drop your iPhone 8 down onto any Qi-compatible wireless charger and it start juicing up.
- Powerful A11 Bionic processor same as the iPhone X, the iPhone 7 already felt plenty fast, so with these expect the iPhone 8 to be very fast. The new chip is also optimized for all the cool augmented reality tricks, which all recent iPhones do support AR, but Apple claims the 8 and X have been “optimized” for it.
- Same primary camera as what’s in both the iPhone 8 Plus and iPhone X. A 12-megapixel f/1.8 camera that has a “larger and faster” sensor than the iPhone 7. It’s it also support optical image stabilization and can record 4K video at upto 60FPS
- Now support Apple’s True Tone display feature, which adjusts the screen’s appearance and color temperature so that it always looks pleasant and less blue / harsh to your eyes in a variety of lighting environments.
The iPhone X
The iPhone X is one of the most exciting phones released this year – but not because it offers anything particularly innovative or new.
It’s exciting because it’s the most redesign of an iPhone yet, with a new trending bazeless design, OLED screen and many more. But this change doesn’t come cheap, and nor will it appeal to those who enjoy a degree of continuity in their upgrades.
The Display – Screen
Obviously the main headline new feature of all the new iPhone is the bezel-less display on the iPhone X. Yes we saw these coming and was expecting Apple to join latest trending bezel-less new feature. Like with late year Xiaomi Mi Mix and these year LG G6, Samsung galaxy S8 and the Essential Phone.
But the iPhone X new design look more like the Essential Phone, but not really the same. With a lip on the top edge of the screen, which is the only thing that get in the way of your display.
However, with the screen extending right to the bottom of the device, than it gives no room for the physical home button.
These going to be one of the biggest changes for any iPhone user, as they need to alter the way they browse through their phone.
Thankfully, the resolution of iPhone has finally be upgraded from the iPhone 7, with 2436 x 1125 on the new Super Retina HD display.
Another big development on the iPhone X is the OLED display, which will definitely brought an upgrade, with the blacks deeper, the colors richer.
So with the loss of Touch ID on the iPhone X, Apple has introduced Face ID which will be the new way securing your device.
Apple decision on Face ID is raising a lot of concern as facial recognition has not really been that reliable on previous devices.
But been Apple, they have a lot of effort and details to make the Face ID a good replacement of Touch ID, and Apple is predictably claiming that this is one of the most secure forms of this technology out there. But we see how well it works, when the device it lunch.
Another major new design change is the new vertical cameras orientation, the iPhone X is rocking the same upgraded 12MP cameras, but now there are both optical stabilizes.
The telephoto portrait lens on the iPhone X’s dual-camera has a better aperture than the iPhone 8 Plus. (f/2.4 vs. f/2.8).So in general the Telephoto lens should be better in low light and in video.
Other features of the iPhone X
- Animoji and Portrait mode on the selfie camera. All of the sensors that make Face ID possible are also used for Animoji, which are moving emoji that mimic your facial expressions,
- Same processor: A11 Bionic
- Same primary 12-megapixel camera
- Same 7-megapixel selfie camera
- Same video recording capabilities: 4K at 60, 30, and 24FPS. 1080p slo-mo at 240FPS
- Wireless charging
- “The hardest glass ever in a smartphone, front and back.”
- IP67 water and dust resistance
- Same maximum screen brightness
- 3D Touch
- Fast charging
- 64GB or 256GB storage options
On the final note, price – The iPhone 8 costs $699 for the 64GB model or $849 for 256GB, the iPhone 8 Plus costs $799 for the 64GB model or $949 for 256GB and the iPhone X costs $999 for the 64GB model or $1,149 for 256GB.
So what your take on the new iPhones? Especially the iPhone X.