The Smartphone giant are back with a it new and solid flagship the Nokia 6. Nokia has have some fall downfall for some years now as a result of partnership with Microsoft, and Lumia ain’t moving well which result in selling the Nokia brand to the Finnish company HMD Global. And selling the feature phone part of the business to a Foxconn subsidiary. Now HMD Global is company behind production of the Nokia,with there first smartphone the Nokia 6.
Nokia 6 design and display
Nokia 6 has an aluminum body, which result the phone to have a more premium feels than its budget price tag.The Nokia 6 is 5.5″ IPS, 403ppi.154 x 75.8 x 7.85mm dimensions making it sizable in the palm.which will be available in five colors:silver, copper, matte black,tempered blue and glossy Arte Black special edition as well. It also comes with a fingerprint scanner (which doubles as the home key) on the front of the Nokia 6, flanked by capacitive-touch back and multi-tasking keys, which is really nice considering the price of the phone.
Nokia 6 Key Specs
- Body: Aluminum body, 2.5D Gorilla Glass 3 front.
- Display: 5.5″ IPS LCD, 1,920×1,080px resolution, 403ppi.
- Rear camera: 16MP, 1.0µm pixel size, f/2.0 aperture, phase detection autofocus; dual-tone dual-LED flash; 1080p video recording.
- Front camera: 8MP, 1.12µm pixel size, f/2.0 aperture; 1080p video recording.
- OS: Android 7.0 Nougat.
- Chipset: Qualcomm Snapdragon 430; octa-core 1.4GHz Cortex-A53 CPU, Adreno 505 GPU.
- Memory: 3GB/4GB of RAM; 32GB/64GB storage.
- Battery: 3,000mAh, sealed.
- Connectivity: Dual-SIM; Cat.4 LTE (150/50Mbps); microUSB 2.0; Wi-Fi a/b/g/n/ac; GPS; Bluetooth 4.1; FM Radio; NFC.
- Misc: Fingerprint reader; hybrid microSD/second SIM slot; dual speakers; Dolby Atmos; 3.5mm jack.
Nokia 6 release date and price
It was announced early this year at the MWC 2017. But have been on sale in China for two months now, Nokia have not announced the release date for the global version yet but all we’ve been told is that it will roll out globally during Q2 of this year, so that’s sometime between April and June.
The Nokia 6 is price around €229 (around $240, £195, AU$315), which makes it rather a budget smartphone, but looking at the specs it really a good phone at it price tag. There will be also a premium version which is Nokia 6 Arte Black special edition, which has a glossy ‘piano black’ rear, 4GB of RAM, 64GB of internal storage with a price tag of €299 (around $315, £255, AU$410).
So what do you think about the new Nokia? comment down below